Capital District Physicians' Health Plan, Inc. (CDPHP®) – 2013 Winner, The Principal® 10 Best
"We work diligently to make saving for retirement easy for all employees. We believe that a strong benefits program contributes to workforce security and higher performing workers," — Scott Klenk, Senior Vice President, Human Capital Management
About the company
Established in 1984, CDPHP is a physician-founded, member-focused and community-based not-for-profit health plan that offers high-quality affordable health insurance plans to members in 24 counties throughout New York.
- For the employee retirement plan, the company implemented automatic enrollment for new employees and automatically re-enrolled those contributing less than 2%. This combined with annual automatic escalation and a generous employer match helped increase the retirement plan participation rate from 86.94% to 96.75%.
- Employee perks include telecommuting, flex time, concierge services, on-site fitness facilities and free or subsidized meals.
- The company recently installed two walking work stations that allow employees to burn calories while getting their work done.
- Location: Albany, N.Y.
- Type of business: Insurance/Benefits
- Number of employees: 1,000
- Founded: 1984
- Website: www.cdphp.com
Capital District Physicians' Health Plan, Inc. relies on this financial professional: David Hinderstein, president, Strategic Retirement Group, Inc.
Capital District Physicians' Health Plan, Inc. selected Habitat for Humanity Capital District to receive a $2,500 donation from The Principal Financial Group Foundation, Inc. as part of their Principal 10 Best award.