CORE Engineering & Construction, Inc. – 2013 Winner, The Principal® 10 Best
"Our employees are the backbone of our company. If we ensure our employees have a safe, stable work environment and financial security, they will in turn help ensure the success and financial security of our company." — Paul Goldsmith, President
About the company
CORE Engineering & Construction, Inc. is a full service engineering, construction and environmental remediation firm. They are a HUBZone firm and specialize in civil and environmental engineering, vertical and horizontal construction, design and permitting, demolition, and environmental assessment and remediation.
- The company covers 100 percent employee health insurance coverage and 50 percent of dependents’ coverage and also provides 100 percent coverage for short-term disability, life insurance and dental insurance. In addition the company provides access to a number of supplemental coverages.
- The company has 100 percent participation in the 401(k) plan. Having both a young and older generation, strong education and outreach is important to encourage participation.
- Location: Winter Park, Fla.
- Type of business: Construction
- Number of employees: 30
- Founded: 2004
- Website: www.core-encon.com
CORE Engineering & Construction, Inc. relies on these financial professionals:
- Tim Caldwell and Sherry Murray, Pension Investors Corp of Orlando, Inc.
- Dan Ricker, Insurance Office of America
- Michael Powell, John Hancock Retirement Plan Services
- Jeffrey Kolun, Kane & Koltun Attorneys at Law
CORE Engineering & Construction, Inc. selected Second Harvest Food Bank to receive a $2,500 donation from The Principal Financial Group Foundation, Inc. as part of their Principal 10 Best award.