The Nyhart Company – 2013 Winner, The Principal® 10 Best
"We survey our employees annually and use their feedback to make this an even better place to work." — Ashley Carson, Human Resources Manager
About the company
Operating since 1943, Nyhart is one of the nation’s largest independent actuarial and employee benefits consulting firms. Nyhart is employee-owned and composed of actuaries, consultants, attorneys, accountants and administrators. These individuals focus on pension and retirement fund analysis, retirement benefits consulting and administration of employee benefits for private and public companies around the United States.
- In the past decade the company added a health wellness program that includes annual wellness screenings and on-site fitness facilities at its headquarters.
- The company has provided education on retirement replacement ratio for employees to help them stay on track and meet retirement goals. Employees average a 16 percent deferral rate.
- Employee perks include tuition reimbursement, leadership development, mentoring and professional certification programs with 30 percent using programs and 42 percent receiving designations.
- Location: Indianapolis, Ind.
- Type of business: Insurance/Benefits
- Number of employees: 110
- Founded: 1943
- Website: www.nyhart.com
The Nyhart Company relies on this financial professional: Jeff Fox, consultant, H.J. Spier
The Nyhart Company selected St. Mary's Child Center to receive a $2,500 donation from The Principal Financial Group Foundation, Inc. as part of their Principal 10 Best award.