Eligibility Requirements to Enter
- Entrants must be a non-governmental business entity or non-profit organization, organized and located in the United States.
- Companies must be incorporated in one of the 50 United States and have an ongoing business concern in the U.S.
- Entrants must have at least five and no more than 1,000 employees, both at the time the entry is submitted and when award determination is made.
- Entities that are subsidiaries of other companies will qualify if the total number of employees worldwide in the parent company and all subsidiaries does not exceed 1,000. In determining the number of employees, fulltime, part time and temporary employees count toward the total number of employees.
- An exception can be made when the entrant is a subsidiary, but the entrant itself has 1,000 or fewer employees and controls and pays for the benefits offered. In order for the entrant to qualify, the parent company must certify that the subsidiary controls and pays for the benefits offered to its employees independent of the parent company.
- All entrants must provide a broad range of employee benefits for at least five years.
- No entry fee is required.
- Companies do not have to be clients of The Principal. Providers of benefits are not known during any part of the entry or review process.
- Companies owned by employees of The Principal are not eligible to enter.
Quick Qualification Check
To find out if a company is qualified to enter, please visit our site in early 2015 when we launch the next call for entries.