Help with Job Search
How to use Principal's job search tools to find your next career step
Searching by keyword is a great way to refine your search results to job postings that fit your experience and interests.
- Enter a term such as “accounting”.
- If you’re entering more than one search term, separate the words with a space, tab, or commas.
- If entering a phrase, use double quotes, such as “bachelors degree required”.
- If using an acronym, we recommend spelling it out instead (for example, use “certified public accountant” instead of “CPA”).
- An Intern is presumed to be a person still in college.
- An Experienced Professional is anyone for whom neither “Intern” nor “Recent College Graduate” fits.
- If no choice is made in this category, the results will include job postings applicable to all 3 career categories.
Yes. To select multiple items for a single search criteria, such as “Locations” or “Job Area”, simply hold down the Ctrl key (Command key for Macs) while clicking on all items you want to include in your search.
No. If you’re searching for a specific job and know its requisition number, you can enter it here. If not, just leave it blank!
Yes. Here's how:
- From the search results page, click “Save Search Criteria/Create E-mail Alert”.
- Enter a name for your search.
- Choose whether you’d like to receive daily email alerts of new job postings that meet your search criteria.
- If you’d like to receive email alerts, enter your email address.
- Click “Save Search”.
Yes, you can do both. From the Career Tools page, click “View saved searches and email alerts”. Then:
To edit a saved search:
- Select the job search you want to edit and click “Edit Saved Search”.
- Edit search filters and click the “Save changes” button to confirm your changes.
To delete a saved search:
- Select the job search you want to delete and click “Delete Saved Search”.
- A message will appear asking you to confirm the deletion.
- If you confirm, the search will be removed from your Saved Searches and Email Alerts page.
From the Career Tools page, click “View saved searches and e-mail alerts”.
Select the job search you want to use and click “Run Saved Search”.
From the search results page, you can elect to save the job postings shown, create a new search, or apply for one or more of the job postings.