Help with Saved Resumes and Applications
How to manage your saved resumes and track your applications
From the Career Tools page, click “View applications". The “Status" column indicates where your application is in the recruiting process:
- “Applied” means your application was received.
- "Reviewed" means your application is being reviewed by our talent team.
- “Interview” means you’ve been scheduled for an interview with a recruiter or the hiring manager.
- “Decline” means we've decided to move forward with other candidates (which could be for a variety of reasons). You'll receive an email reflecting this decision as well. If you don't receive an email check your spam or junk folders.
- “Withdrawn” means you withdrew your application.
- “Offer Accepted” means you’ve accepted an offer of employment. Congratulations!
- “Hired” means you’ve been officially hired for this position. Welcome to the team!
From the Career Tools page click “View your resumes". A listing of all resumes you have submitted is displayed on the page. A new resume can also be uploaded to this page for future use.
No. Once you have uploaded your resume, you can no longer make edits to it. You can, however, make changes to the original resume document and upload it as a new resume.
To be considered a candidate for specific job opportunities, you'll need to apply online to the position. If there are no specific positions listed that meet your qualifications and interests, we'd encourage you to create a Job Search email alert. That way when a position is posted matching your selected interests you'll receive an email within 24 hours. It helps to keep you connected and informed of opportunities and it only takes a few steps.
You can save as many resumes as you like; however, we recommend that you use name each one differently to easily locate a certain resume when applying for an open position.
Go to the View Applications page (from the Career Tools page). Select the application you want to withdraw. Click on “Withdraw application" and select the appropriate reason from the drop-down box. When the pop-up window appears, click on “Yes – Withdraw my application".
You can only withdraw an application if its status is "Applied". If you want to withdraw an application with any other status, contact Human Resources at MyHR@principal.com, 866-524-MYHR (6947), or 515-247-MYHR (6947).