Recent Graduates & Current Students
Pursue your calling and make an impact
We know it’s important to get off to a great start with your career. Principal offers multiple opportunities to gain experience, make connections, and provide fast-tracked opportunities to learn our business from the inside out.
- The Leadership Development Program
- The Principal Leadership Conference
Take your leadership skills to the next level
Forward-thinking candidates can apply to participate in our rotational Leadership Development Program (LDP). This three-year program teaches our next generation of leaders the ins and outs of a global financial services company.
A select number of high-performing talent each year will benefit from:
- Mentorships with senior managers
- Participation in quarterly earnings call debriefs
- Leadership skills assessments and development plans
- Active engagement in learning projects with other LDP participants
- Personal interaction with analysts, investors and Principal team members
- Full-time pay and benefits
If you have demonstrated leadership skills, a proven track record of academic excellence and an appetite for challenge, the LDP may be a great fit for you.
Applications are accepted from July through September with interviews occurring in October. Create your profile to upload your resume.
Opportunities for current students
As a leader in the financial services industry with a global reach and a focus on flexibility, Principal is the perfect place to begin your career.
Gain hands-on experience with a summer internship, or earn more in-depth training with a six- to nine-month extended internship in the specific field you’re interested in pursuing—all with a competitive hourly rate, a housing allowance and opportunities for scholarships.
Interns can also enjoy:
- A collaborative, inclusive culture
- Free parking during business hours
- Fitness facilities/classes
- Social, recreational and volunteer opportunities
Internship participants are placed in high-impact, high-profile roles designed to assess their full potential and help them develop professional and technical skills.
Principal Leadership Conference
Why should you attend?
- Build relationships with industry and student leaders from across America
- Get the inside scoop on what makes you a marketable intern and job candidate
- Compete in a team-building, hands-on challenge
- Win money to apply to your college tuition
- Put yourself on the inside track for awesome internships
Applications are accepted in January and February of each year.
I’ve realized how important it is to look into the values of each company. I like how Principal is willing to be flexible and encourages networking and development.
Financial Accounting Intern
Des Moines, IA
Principal is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. View employment policies at Principal.
If you live in or are applying for work in NJ, there are state laws protecting you against employment discrimination. View your rights in NJ (PDF).
*Scholarship funds must be used towards educational expenses for the following academic year.