Questions About the Hiring Process
Get answers to common questions about the hiring process.
- A recruiter will review all resumes received for a job posting
- Resumes will be selected if they match the qualifications listed in the job posting
- An e-mail is sent to those applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications
- The status on your submitted application will change to “Decline"
- If you are selected you will continue through the screening process
- The first interview will take place via telephone with a recruiter
- They will ask about your previous experience, background, and interests
- Once those interviews are completed, the recruiter will suggest candidates to be interviewed by the Hiring Manager
- Normally the next interview takes place in person unless for some reason the candidate is unable do so
- During all of the above steps the status shown on the Applications page is “Interview"
- Once all interviews are complete, the recruiter will contact you via e-mail or telephone to tell you what decision was made or you may receive a decline e-mail
Your previous experience, background, and interests will all be topics during the interview. Make certain that you are prepared to address questions posed regarding these topics.
- The Principal Financial Group requires that all applicants successfully complete a background check prior to employment
- If an issue arises with the background check, you will be over-nighted a copy of the results along with an address with which to mail your response within a specified time
- In the event that the issue cannot be resolved, you will be notified in writing
- Once you have passed the background check, the recruiter will contact you to make an offer of employment
- If you accept the offer of employment, the status will change to “Offer Accepted"
- Once all the necessary paperwork is completed and you have provided any required documentation, the status will change to “Hired"
The background checks we perform depend largely on the type of position you are applying for. A criminal background check is done for every potential employee. Based on the position you are being considered for we may also include any of the following:
- Credit Check
- Education Check
- Work History
- Motor Vehicle Report
When you apply for a position, your information is sent directly to a recruiter and you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of your resume. Our recruiters are reviewing applications on an on-going basis. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive a “decline" email notification.
There is a “Status" column on the View Applications page that will indicate the status of your application throughout the process. The different status’ are:
- Applied - your application was received and is being reviewed
- Interview - you have been scheduled for an interview either with a recruiter or the hiring manager
- Decline - an e-mail notification has been sent to you indicating that the Principal Financial Group did not select you for this position
- Withdrawn - you withdrew your application
- Offer Accepted - You have accepted an offer of employment made by the Principal Financial Group
- Hired - You have been hired by the Principal Financial Group
- Linked - this status indicates that application is being manually tracked by a recruiter to a specific job