Awards & Recognition
An exceptional place to work
We’re known for rising above the pack with best-in-class services and leading financial solutions. But we don’t stop there—our community involvement and environmental efforts are well-recognized, too. Among our recent honors are:
- One of 100 companies to be named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute in 2015
- Named a 2014 CDP Climate Leader for our commitment to improving our impact on the environment
- Recognized by Forbes in 2014 as one of America’s Best Employers – ranking 63rd out of 500 companies
Be proud of where you work. Search for jobs at Principal that match your qualifications.
A people-first reputation
Of all the accolades we’ve received at Principal, we’re proudest of being recognized as a top workplace for employees by a variety of publications and associations. Recent awards include:
- For the first time, Principal earned the 2017 Military Friendly® Employer designation by Victory Media—a leader in successfully connecting military and civilian worlds.
- For the second year in a row, Principal was named among America's top companies for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) equality, by earning a perfect 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2017 Corporate Equality Index (CEI).
- One of IDG's Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 14 consecutive years, ranking 11th for 2015
- Ranked No. 1 in Pensions & Investment’s Best Places to Work in Money Management for our category in 2014
- Named one of the 25 most influential companies for veteran hiring by Diversity Journal in 2015
- A Wellness Councils of America Platinum Well Workplace
- A 2014 Healthy Iowa award winner in the large business category, awarded by the Healthiest State Initiative
- A member of the InformationWeek Elite 100 (formerly the InformationWeek 500), recognizing the top business technology innovators, for eight consecutive years as of 2015
- The 19th recipient of the United Way of America’s Spirit of America Award for corporate community involvement
- Winner of the 2014 Spirit of Central Iowa Award from United Way of Central Iowa
You don’t have to work here to be part of our network. Join our LinkedIn Talent Network to connect with us.
I enjoy the name recognition in the community: when people ask where I work, I'm proud to tell others that I work at Principal.
IT System Associate—Lead
Des Moines, IA
Principal® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify® participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you live in or are applying for work in NJ, view and print information about your rights (PDF).