Awards & Recognition
An exceptional place to work
We’re known for rising above the pack with best-in-class services and leading financial solutions. But we don’t stop there—our community involvement and environmental efforts are well-recognized, too. Among our recent honors are:
- For the 7th time, we were named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We're one of only 124 companies globally chosen by Ethisphere Institute for this recognition.
- In 2018, Great Place To Work certified Principal as a great workplace. Check out our review.
Be proud of where you work. Search for jobs at Principal that match your qualifications.
A people-first reputation
Of all the accolades we’ve received at Principal, we’re proudest of being recognized as a top workplace for employees by a variety of publications and associations. Recent awards include:
- Forbes ranked Principal number 1 on its 2018 list of America's Best Employers For Women.
- Diversity Best Practice, a division of Working Mother media, included Principal on its Inclusion Index to recognize the best companies for diversity and inclusion. Principal was one of 73 companies to be included.
- For the 2nd year in a row, Principal earned the 2018 Military Friendly® Employer designation by Victory Media—a leader in successfully connecting military and civilian worlds.
- For the 17th time, we are one of the NAFE Top Companies for Executive Women, as named by the National Association for Female Executives. NAFE recognizes American corporations where women have significant clout to make the decisions that affect their company’s future and its bottom line.
- For the 3rd straight year, Principal was named among America's top companies for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) equality, by earning a perfect 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2018 Corporate Equality Index (CEI).
- One of IDG's Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT, ranking 29th among large companies for 2018
- One of Pensions & Investment’s Best Places to Work in Money Management for our category in 2017
- A Wellness Councils of America Platinum Well Workplace
- A member of the InformationWeek Elite 100 (formerly the InformationWeek 500), recognizing the top business technology innovators, for 17 consecutive years as of 2016
- The 19th recipient of the United Way of America’s Spirit of America Award for corporate community involvement
You don’t have to work here to be part of our network. Join our LinkedIn Talent Network to connect with us.
Principal is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. View employment policies at Principal.
If you live in or are applying for work in NJ, there are state laws protecting you against employment discrimination. View your rights in NJ (PDF).