Letter from our CEO
How we do things is just as important as what we do.
We’re committed to living our values of ethical corporate governance, social responsibility, and sustainability every day.
Our 2018 Corporate Social Responsibility Report is a deep dive into our community investments, how we’re promoting inclusivity, impacting our community through partnerships, investing responsibly, and sustaining our environment. You’ll learn more about what we’re doing, such as:
- Our Board of Directors provides effective, independent oversight of management’s execution and performance. They ensure transparency and accountability to
shareholders, customers, and the public.
- We continue to attract, build, and retain talent, engaging employees in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- We’ve built Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) into our investment philosophy and process, product development, and proxy voting.
- We remain committed to reducing our carbon footprint, using energy and water efficiently, and minimizing waste.
- We continue to serve our customers with affordable, user-friendly products and services, and provide essential financial education.
- Our Principal® Foundation set a goal of helping 50,000 youth in 10 communities worldwide earn and save more within the next 5 years.
We, along with the Principal Foundation, continually align our business values with social good. And our employees play an active role in delivering on this goal. I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished this year, and we remain committed to do even more in 2019.