We offer more than financial products and services.
Advisors and clients turn to us for the right solutions and support to reach their financial goals. But that’s not why we’re here. What we do is help people create the kinds of lives they dream about, empowered by financial security and stability.
We were founded in 1879 as an insurance company. Today, we’re a member of the FORTUNE 500® and a global investment management leader.
- We were ranked #3 for best overall service to micro plans; value added advisor services and plan participant support.1
- We’ve received the Adviser's Choice Award for advisor support, post-sale. 2
- We’ve received over 90 Best in Class designations over the past 10 years from PLANSPONSOR magazine’s Defined Contribution Services Survey.3
- We’ve been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies4 and one of America’s Best Employers.5
Get to know us better
Check out our 2016 Company Profiles to find key facts and figures, including financial data, awards and recognition, and year-end highlights. Or dive deeper to learn how we put our experience to work.
- English Company Profile (PDF)6
- Spanish Company Profile (PDF)
- Portuguese Company Profile (PDF)
- Simplified Chinese Profile (PDF)
- Traditional Chinese Profile (PDF)
Solutions built around real goals
A wealth of experience and backgrounds
A strong foundation for excellence
An expansive reach across the globe
1 2015 Retirement Plan Adviser Survey conducted by PLANADVISER Magazine, September/October 2015
2 2014 PLANADVISER Retirement Plan Adviser Survey, March 2015
3 PLANSPONSOR 2006-2015 Defined Contribution Services Survey – Best in Class awards (14 - 2015; 19 - 2014; 13 - 2013; 3 - 2012; 6 - 2011; 10 - 2010; 1 - 2009; 14 - 2008; 3 - 2007; 11 - 2006)
4 Named as a 2015 World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute, March 2015
5 Recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers, March 2015
6 Data for the twelve months ended December 31, 2016, unless otherwise noted.