The Principal Enhances Retirement Business Building Resources for Financial Professionals
Program includes popular Retirement Boot Camp and 60 tools and resources
February 14, 2012 (Des Moines, Iowa) – Between prospecting for new clients and servicing existing ones, financial professionals say they are losing sleep over not having enough time in the day to get their work done. To help with the demands of managing profitable businesses, the Principal Financial Group® has enhanced its resources, education and training for financial professionals.
The comprehensive value-add program includes more than 60 non-branded tools and resources in three main categories:
- Practice management: tools for retirement plan assessment, analysis and measurement; compliance, governance, fiduciary and investment resources and a customizable client calendar with key dates.
- New business and prospecting: marketing strategies and resources for defining a value proposition, business development plans, prospecting materials and conversation guides.
- Retirement plan business education: easy-to-use reference materials about retirement plan features and operations and Continuing Education seminars.
“While each retirement practice is unique, financial professionals face similar challenges and opportunities,” said Tim Minard, senior vice president of distribution, The Principal®. “Based on 70 years of experience and extensive interviews with financial professionals across the country, we’ve streamlined and enhanced resources they’ve said they need most to help them build profitable businesses.”
The popular Retirement Rainmaker Boot Camp has also been enhanced. The exclusive training program of business building techniques and tools helps with prospecting, marketing, practice management, participant education and retirement strategies.
“The Rainmaker Boot Camp is a proven business builder,” said Minard. “Some five-thousand financial professionals have participated so far. Nearly every participant has reported expanded or new business as a result of using Boot Camp techniques.”
“The Principal has executed the Retirement Rainmaker Boot Camps with passion and excellence. We’ve heard nothing but glowing reviews and it’s helping us drive new business,” said David A. Lieberman, CIMA® executive director, head of distribution, 401(k) and Institutional Consulting at UBS Financial Services Inc. “We very much appreciate the strategic relationship we have with The Principal.”
The value-add program also offers:
- Front and back office support
- Comprehensive plan services with flexible service and pricing models
- Expanded sales opportunities
Financial professionals can learn more by calling 1.800.952.3343.
For more news and insights from The Principal, connect with us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ThePrincipal.
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) is a global investment management leader including retirement services, insurance solutions and asset management. The Principal offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement, asset management and insurance through its diverse family of financial services companies. Founded in 1879 and a member of the FORTUNE 500®, the Principal Financial Group has $335.0 billion in assets under management and serves some 18.0 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit www.principal.com.
Insurance products and plan administrative services are provided by Principal Life Insurance Company a member of the Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®), Des Moines, IA 50392.
- The survey of advisors was conducted online by Harris Interactive within the United States between June 6 and June 8, 2011, among a nationwide sample of 632 producing advisors.
- “The Principal Financial Group” and “The Principal” are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
- As of December 31, 2011.