Five Principal Financial Group Executives to Speak at Milken Institute Global Conference
April 24, 2013 (Des Moines, Iowa) — The Principal Financial Group®, a global investment management leader, announces five executives will serve as panelists at the 2013 Milken Institute Global Conference being held April 28 - May 1 in Los Angeles, Calif.
The Milken Institute Global Conference is an important venue for thought leaders in a wide range of disciplines to present their views before an informed, influential audience and the news media. Participants include hundreds of CEOs from the world's top-tier companies, senior foreign and U.S. government officials, leading figures in the global capital markets, forward-thinking academic experts, top journalists, and leaders in education, health care and philanthropy.
Panelists representing The Principal®, along with the panel topic and times, are as follows:
- "Global Risk" featuring Larry Zimpleman, chairman, president and CEO — 9:30 a.m. PDT, Monday, April 29.
- "Central Banks: Is Quantitative Easing Becoming Quantitative Exhaustion?" featuring Jim McCaughan, CEO of Principal Global Investors — 3:30 p.m. PDT, Monday, April 29.
- "Alternative Investments" featuring Julia Lawler, senior vice president, global investment services — 8 a.m. PDT, Tuesday, April 30.
- "Cash on the Sidelines: How to Unleash $30 Trillion" featuring Mustafa Sagun, chief investment officer at Principal Global Investors — 10:45 a.m. PDT, Tuesday, April 30.
- "Longevity is Opportunity: Riding the Demographic Wave" featuring Dan Houston, president, retirement, insurance and financial services — 2:45 p.m. PDT, Wednesday, May 1.
This will be McCaughan's tenth time serving as a panelist at the Global Conference. Each panel will be live-tweeted and video replay of the panels will be available on the Global Conference website (http://www.globalconference.org/) and at www.principal.com/milken shortly after each panel takes place. McCaughan and Sagun's panels will be live-tweeted at @MIEconomy, Zimpleman's at @MIGCRegions, Houston's at @MIGCIND, and Lawler's at @MIGCFIN. The conference's Twitter hashtag is #2013GC.
For more news and insights from The Principal, connect with us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ThePrincipal.
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal ®) is a global investment management leader offering retirement services, insurance solutions and asset management. The Principal offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement, asset management and insurance through its diverse family of financial services companies. Founded in 1879 and a member of the FORTUNE 500®, the Principal Financial Group has $403.0 billion in assets under management and serves some 18.3 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit www.principal.com.
About Principal Global Investors
Principal Global Investors is a diversified asset management organization and a member of the Principal Financial Group®, with expertise in equities, fixed income and real estate investments, as well as specialized overlay and advisory services. Principal Global Investors manages $281.5 billion in assets primarily for retirement plans and other institutional clients.
- "The Principal Financial Group" and "The Principal" are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
- As of Dec. 31, 2012.
- As of Dec. 31, 2012.
- Principal Global Investors is the asset management arm of the Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) and includes the asset management operations of the following subsidiaries of The Principal: Principal Global Investors, LLC; Principal Real Estate Investors, LLC; Principal Enterprise Capital, LLC; Spectrum Asset Management, Inc.; Post Advisory Group, LLC; Columbus Circle Investors; Edge Asset Management, Inc.; Morley Financial Services Inc.; Finisterre Capital, LLP; Origin Asset Management, LLP; Principal Global Investors (Europe) Limited; Principal Global Investors (Singapore) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Australia) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Japan) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Hong Kong) Ltd.; CIMB-Principal Islamic Asset Management Sdn. Bhd.; and the majority owned affiliates of Principal International, Inc. Assets under management includes assets managed by investment professionals of Principal Global Investors under dual employee arrangements with other subsidiaries of The Principal and assets managed in accordance with investment advice provided by Principal Global Investors through the delivery of a model.