Principal Global Investors Recognized for Investment Management LeadershipRecent awards and nominations showcase firm's global expertise
April 29, 2013 (Des Moines, Iowa) — Principal Global Investors, LLC, a leading global asset manager and a member of the Principal Financial Group® (NYSE:PFG), has been recognized with several recent awards and award nominations for outstanding performance, client satisfaction and industry leadership.
"These prestigious awards are a testament to the excellent work done by many around the world," said Jim McCaughan, CEO of Principal Global Investors. "We're pleased to be recognized globally for our broad expertise and ability to deliver strong investment performance."Investments & Pensions Europe
Earlier this month, Investments & Pensions Europe (IPE) magazine presented Principal Global Investors with two 2013 Pension Fund Perception Programme Awards. IPE is the leading European publication for institutional investors and those running pension funds. The awards recognize asset managers rated highest by their pension fund clients.
2013 Pension Fund Perception Programme Awards won by Principal Global Investors include:
- Managers Recommended to Other Pension Funds by 100% of Clients
- Highest-Rated Managers for Environmental, Social & Governance
Principal Global Investors was also nominated for the Highest-Rated Managers for Quality of Investment Management award.Institutional Investor
Institutional Investor magazine will recognize Principal Global Equities with the top award in the non-U.S. equity value (excluding emerging markets) category at its 4th Annual U.S. Investment Management Awards on May 16 in New York City.
The awards highlight U.S. institutional investors in more than 35 asset classes and strategies who stood out for their exceptional performance, risk management and service. Award winners were chosen by the editorial staff of Institutional Investor based on the results of a survey of U.S. institutional investors.Global Finance
Global Finance magazine recently announced the winners of its 6th annual awards for the World's Best Islamic Financial Institutions. The publication, which provides data and analysis on international financial markets in 192 countries, named CIMB-Principal Islamic Asset Management the Best Asset Management Company. CIMB-Principal Islamic Asset Management is a partnership between Principal Global Investors and CIMB Group Holdings Berhad to provide Shariah-compliant investment solutions to global institutional investors.
The awards will be given on October 12 at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.AsianInvestor
Principal Global Investors has been nominated for an award given by AsianInvestor magazine, the leading publication dedicated to the region's asset management industry. The 2013 AsianInvestor Investment Performance Awards are based on a firm's performance (in absolute or risk-adjusted terms) and ability to provide the best strategies and solutions to Asian clients.
Principal Global Investors' nomination is in the Asia ex-Japan Equity category. The awards will be presented at an event on May 23 in Hong Kong.
These awards and nominations follow the December 2012 ranking of The Principal® as the top large company on Pensions & Investments magazine's inaugural list of the Best Places to Work in Money Management.
About Principal Global Investors
Principal Global Investors is a diversified asset management organization and a member of the Principal Financial Group®, with expertise in equities, fixed income and real estate investments, as well as specialized overlay and advisory services. Principal Global Investors manages $292.4 billion in assets primarily for retirement plans and other institutional clients.
About the Principal Financial Group
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal ®) is a global investment management leader offering retirement services, insurance solutions and asset management. The Principal offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services through its diverse family of companies. Founded in 1879 and a member of the FORTUNE 500®, the Principal Financial Group has $456.1 billion in assets under management and serves some 19.1 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit www.principal.com.
- One of 25 managers to win this award out of a field of 180.
- Sole winner in this category.
- As of March 31, 2013
- Principal Global Investors is the asset management arm of the Principal Financial Group ® (The Principal ®) and includes the asset management operations of the following subsidiaries of The Principal: Principal Global Investors, LLC; Principal Real Estate Investors, LLC; Principal Enterprise Capital, LLC; Spectrum Asset Management, Inc.; Post Advisory Group, LLC; Columbus Circle Investors; Edge Asset Management, Inc.; Morley Financial Services Inc.; Finisterre Capital, LLP; Origin Asset Management, LLP; Principal Global Investors (Europe) Limited; Principal Global Investors (Singapore) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Australia) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Japan) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Hong Kong) Ltd.; CIMB-Principal Islamic Asset Management Sdn. Bhd.; and the majority owned affiliates of Principal International, Inc. Assets under management includes assets managed by investment professionals of Principal Global Investors under dual employee arrangements with other subsidiaries of The Principal and assets managed in accordance with investment advice provided by Principal Global Investors through the delivery of a model.
- "The Principal Financial Group" and "The Principal" are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
- As of March 31, 2013