Aim for Success with The Principal
Ongoing—Success in financial services sales is based on a guiding principle: You are responsible for managing your own career.
We asked other veterans who have made the transition to a career in financial services, and this is what they've found to be the transferrable skills and traits that continue to serve them well:
- Being goal-oriented and able to focus on objectives
- Seeing leadership as all about serving others
- Having an entrepreneurial spirit, which includes personal responsibility, drive, and the ability to make decisions and think clearly in unclear situations
- Showing discipline, a strong work ethic and self-motivation
- Trusting in established processes and activities and not settling for short cuts