The spot for retirement education
You may need to help educate your retirement plan participants. You may just need to know what they get from Principal®. Either way, you’re in the right spot.
However your participants enter your retirement plan—automatically, online, by text or by paper—you need enrollment materials.
- Plan Sponsors: Log in to get enrollment materials for your specific plan. If you are not automatically redirected, select “Participants” then “Enroll & Educate” to access your enrollment materials.
- Financial Professionals:1 Log in for information on how to access a client’s custom enrollment materials.
Before we move on… Since enrollment is the first step, think about making the process easier. If you don’t already use automatic enrollment, online enrollment with My Virtual Coach or text enrollment, call us if you'd like to talk about your options.
This guide (PDF) explains the participant education experience.
This communication schedule shows what your participants will get from Principal.
If you’d like to provide extra information and education, you can download materials from this site or call us to get copies.
What would you like to do?
- Introduce My Virtual Coach interactive, educational online conversations.
- Offer group education with webinars or onsite meetings.
- Increase engagement with the annual education challenge: You've Earned It!
- Answer questions about plan participation, saving, investing, changing jobs, retiring or generating income in retirement.
- Encourage participants to provide their email addresses (DOC) so they'll receive communications from Principal, including the quarterly participant e-magazine and annual campaign messages.
Tip: If you want to help your Spanish speaking employees make the most of your retirement plan, learn about the enrollment and education materials, bicultural phone support and online tutorials and videos available through our Hispanic Market Program (PDF). Then, get in touch. We're here to help you find your best options.
Participant engagement results
Find out if your participants are using the participant website and resources like My Virtual Coach.
- Plan Sponsors: Log in to the employer website. Select “Participants” then “Enroll & Educate."
1 Financial Professionals: By clicking on the links above and using the materials available within this site, I agree to the following:
The materials are provided to you by Principal Life Insurance Company SOLELY for use by you with clients that utilize the services of the member companies of the Principal Financial Group® as their retirement plan service provider (Permitted Use). In doing so, Principal® is not responsible for any use outside of the Permitted Use. In granting you Permitted Use, no member company is surrendering any right, title or interest in the communication, including any intangible ownership such as copyright or trademark protection. Principal does not authorize you to create any derivative work, edit, copy or otherwise alter Principal-branded communications including, but not limited to, affixing any branding or creating any “co-branded communication.” Principal is not responsible for the use of or changes to our branded, or in the case of email content and certain PowerPoint presentations, non-branded, pieces. It should be noted that removing this license from our applicable communications is expected and permitted when the communication is utilized within its Permitted Use.
In granting Permitted Use, no member company of Principal makes any warranty of fitness for your intended use. Please consult your legal and compliance areas to confirm that your intended use of any communication piece is appropriate and that it contains all appropriate information, disclosures, names the correct parties and provides the appropriate limitations for your business. It is your responsibility to determine if filing with any regulatory authority is necessary (e.g., FINRA, or other regulators) and that it is appropriate for the intended use and audience.