Forms for individuals
Your one-stop forms shop
Find common forms you need for insurance claims, online account setup, beneficiary changes and more, ready to download and print for your convenience.
Remember, you can log in to your Principal® account online to:
- Change beneficiaries for 401(k) and other retirement plans
- View your retirement savings account balance or change your contributions
- Check your insurance claim status or review existing claim activity
- Request electronic delivery of certain account documents
Need help creating or managing your online account? Download printable instructions (PDF).
What do you need to do?
Where your coverage comes from makes a difference when it comes to the forms you fill out. Choose the option below that best describes your situation.
Option 1 – You have short- or long-term disability coverage through work.
You can easily submit your claim online or download and complete the form you need:
- Disability insurance claim form (PDF)
- Helpful tips (PDF) when completing the disability insurance claim form
- Pregnancy Disability Claim Form (PDF)
- Authorization for release of personal health information (PDF)
- Attending physician's statement (PDF)
Option 2 – You own your own individual disability coverage.
Simply download and complete the form(s) you need:
For critical illness insurance through your employer, download:
For individual coverage purchased through an advisor, download:
- Life Insurance Customer Service Request Form (PDF) for name changes, premium or frequency changes, and changes of address
- Life Insurance Ownership Change Form (PDF)
- Life Insurance Pre-Authorized Monthly Premium Withdrawal (PDF)
- Authorization for Release of Information (PDF)
- Assignment of Life Insurance Policy as Collateral on a Loan (PDF)
For your Individual Disability Insurance coverage, download:
- Request Electronic Delivery of Documents (PDF)
- Request Wire Transfers (PDF)
- Request a Brokerage IRA Distribution (PDF); for Brokerage IRA only (if you have a Principal Bank IRA, please call 800-672-3343 for appropriate form)
- ACH Debit or Credit Authorization (PDF)
To download a prospectus, or to request a prospectus be mailed to you, visit principalfunds.com.
- Your Rollover Options (PDF) (402f); Have questions about Rollover IRA rules? Get the basics about how to rollover, how much you can rollover, how rollovers can affect your taxes, and more.
- Know Your Options (PDF); Typically there are four options when you are eligible to take money out of a former employer’s retirement plan, find out what the advantages and drawbacks are for each option.