Insurance Through Your Employer
The benefit of protection, provided through your employer
Does your job offer insurance through Principal Life Insurance Company, a member company of the Principal Financial Group®? Maximizing your work benefits creates a strong foundation of physical and financial protection for you and your family, and Principal Life provides world-class service when you need it most.
Insurance for every need
Depending on your employer’s benefit package, you may have these options to choose from:
- Dental insurance to cover regular exams, cleanings, and other necessary dental procedures
- Vision insurance for eye exams and other preventive care, as well as coverage for your glasses and contact lenses
- Life insurance to protect your dependents from financial hardship in the event of your death
- Disability insurance to provide protection for your income if you ever become too sick or hurt to work
- Critical illness insurance for financial assistance (beyond your medical or disability benefits) if you ever suffer from serious illness
Talk to your company’s benefits administrator about the options available to you.
Manage your benefits online
Log in to your account to manage your work benefits, as well as any individual policies with Principal. Your online account allows you to:
- View and manage claims (for applicable benefits)
- Get a 24-month history of your explanation of benefits (EOB)
- Obtain a list of covered dependents
- Find discounts and services
- Calculate coverage needs and more
Have a smartphone? You can also download the Principal Mobile® Application for Apple® iPhone/iPad or Android™ to manage your benefits from anywhere.
Support for disability claims
If you’re ever unable to work because of illness or injury, Principal Life will be there to provide support and assistance, every step of the way.
- We’ll coordinate all involved parties: you, your employer, your medical providers, our claims staff, and vocational consultants as needed.
- We’ll help with rehabilitation services, counseling, job analysis, and accommodations to facilitate an easier return to work.
- We’ll connect you with in-house professionals to provide expert assistance.
This summary is not a complete statement of the rights, benefits, limitations and exclusions of the group coverages described here. For coverage details, refer to your benefit booklet or ask your employer.