Plan Ahead. Get Ahead.® Spring 2014 Issue
Plan Ahead. Get Ahead. features financial, how-to articles designed to help retirement plan customers from the Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®).
Inside this Issue
- 6 Tips toward financial independence
Learn strategies for taking command of personal finances and long-term financial goals.
- Get motivated to save for retirement
No matter your age, focusing on future needs can help you save for retirement.
- Plan for your future family now
Whether you're a new parent or hope to be one soon, it pays to consider family finances today.
- Shop around to save money
Comparing prices can help you save money and jump-start your savings.
- Review your plans for retirement
Revisit your plan for retirement and, if necessary, make important adjustments to keep your savings on track.
- 5 Sorry excuses for not saving
Say goodbye to reasons for not saving, and try one of these strategies for getting involved.
- 5 Tips to increase saving while reducing debt
Position yourself for a more successful retirement by balancing saving, debt reduction and credit.
- Should you retire together?
Before you and your spouse make the leap into retirement, consider some pros and cons.
- Take our poll
How do you stay motivated to save for retirement?
- Focus on achieving benchmarks
- Visualize my retirement lifestyle
- Automate my contributions
- Consider what happens if I don’t save
- All of the above
Download a print-friendly version of this issue
Getting Started (PDF: 1.1 MB)
- Typically ages 18-34
- Just starting a career, new job, or saving for retirement
- Just learning how to save and invest
Finding Balance (PDF: 1.1 MB)
- Typically ages 35-49
- Balancing spending today and planning for the future
- Wondering if you're on track for retirement
Nearing Retirement (PDF: 500 KB)
- Typically ages 50-65
- Want confidence to have enough money during retirement
- Wondering how to turn savings into retirement income