The Principal 10 Best Companies for Employee Financial Security
The Principal® 10 Best Companies for Employee Financial Security is a national program that recognizes small and mid-sized companies that excel at giving their employees a financial edge. The Principal works with Inc. to help reach even more companies and uncover innovation in employee financial security.
2015 Winners to be announced this fall!
What can you learn from the 2014 winners?
We’ll announce the 2015 winners of The Principal 10 Best Companies for Employee Financial Security program this fall. In the meantime, you can learn more about the 2014 winners.
What do the winners receive?
They’re considered a role model, setting the standard for excellence in employee financial security. And they will be featured in the October issue of Inc. Magazine, among many other perks
The Principal Financial Group understands that financial security is a critical element in employers’ success in recruiting, retaining and motivating their employees. And growing businesses that provide for their employees financial futures deserve to be recognized.
The 2015 program is now closed, we will announce the winners in September. Entries for 2016 will begin in the spring.
What Winning Companies Receive
The companies chosen as The Principal 10 Best Companies for Employee Financial Security are held up as role models, setting the standard for excellence in employee benefits. The winners receive:
- Recognition in a 2015 issue of Inc. Magazine
- A pass to the 2015 Inc. 5000 Conference in Orlando, FL (10/21 – 10/23)
- National and local recognition in the media
- A donation of $2,500 to a local charity
- A crystal award for company display
- The ability to use the 10 Best winning honor for recruiting and retention efforts
Eligibility Requirements to Enter
- Entrants must be a non-governmental business entity or non-profit organization, organized and located in the United States.
- Companies must be incorporated in one of the 50 United States and have an ongoing business concern in the U.S.
- Entrants must have at least five and no more than 1,000 employees, both at the time the entry is submitted and when award determination is made.
- Entities that are subsidiaries of other companies will qualify if the total number of employees worldwide in the parent company and all subsidiaries does not exceed 1,000. In determining the number of employees, full-time, part-time and temporary employees count toward the total number of employees.
- An exception can be made when the entrant is a subsidiary, but the entrant itself has 1,000 or fewer employees and controls and pays for the benefits offered. In order for the entrant to qualify, the parent company must certify that the subsidiary controls and pays for the benefits offered to its employees independent of the parent company.
- All entrants must provide a broad range of employee benefits for at least five years.
- No entry fee is required.
- Companies do not have to be clients of The Principal. Providers of benefits are not known during any part of the entry or review process.
- Companies owned by employees of The Principal are not eligible to enter.
- If a company has won previously they must wait 5 years to enter again.
Quick Qualification Check
The 2015 program is now closed. To see if you qualify for The Principal 10 Best Companies program, please visit the site in the spring of 2016 when we launch the next call for entries.
How are winners selected?
An independent panel of experts will select the winners based on the full scope of their commitment to their employees’ financial security.
What are the criteria?
Companies are evaluated based on factors including:
- The range of financial benefits offered: How well do the benefits that companies offer address the key components of financial security, from defined contribution accounts to health coverage to various forms of insurance, and more.
- A broader commitment to the financial security of employees as demonstrated by the company's culture, financial education and communications efforts, training and development opportunities, work/life balance accommodations, and other programs and policies that influence employees overall financial security.
- Each entrant's strength of benefits, employee retention rate, and other selection criteria will also be considered.
Winners will be chosen based on survey data and phone interviews (finalists only). Providers of benefits are not named or considered during any part of the entry, judging, or recognition process.
Winners of The Principal 10 Best
The Principal® 10 Best Companies for 2014.
- Haviland Enterprises, Inc.
- Keller Williams Realty Inc.
- National Pork Board
- Ophthalmic Mutual Insurance Company (OMIC)
- Quick Left, Inc.
- Stellar Solutions, Inc.
- Strategic Communications
- The Sartell Group, Inc.
- CoBiz Financial