Dental Claims, Predeterminations and Payments
Filing claims electronically can save time
The Principal Financial Group has been receiving claims via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) since 1982. EDI is an efficient, cost-effective way of filing claims. It can reduce your administrative time, increase claim accuracy and speed of claim payment since no mail time is involved.
How to file claims electronically
If you have the capability or are interested in filing claims electronically with the Principal Financial Group, we have some options available to you. Go to one of the websites below and register.
- Emdeon: 877-363-3666 or www.emdeon.com
- Emdeon One (formerly Capario): 800-792-5256 or email@example.com
- TESIA: 800-724-7240, x4 or www.tesia.com
- Renaissance Systems and Services, LLC (Tesia clearinghouse): 866-712-9584 or www.rss-llc.com
You will need our payer number to register with any of these companies, which is 61271.
How to file claims by mail
If you prefer to file claims via mail, please send information to:
Principal Life Insurance Company
PO Box 10357
Des Moines, IA 50306-0357
Predeterminations and supporting documentation that may be needed
Please see these general guidelines for frequently submitted procedures that require supporting claim information and/or documentation to process the claim. Additional documentation may be required on a case-by-case basis.
Get claim payments faster through electronic payments*
In a continued effort to make it easier for you to do business, Principal Life Insurance Company has formed an alliance with PaySpan Health to offer you the ability to receive electronic fund transfers (EFTs) and electronic remittance advices (ERAs) with these advantages:
- You’ll receive claim payments more quickly
- You can view remittances online
- No more paper EOB hassles
- Transactions are HIPAA-compliant
How to register for electronic claim payments
Please have your NPI or TIN, bank routing number and account information handy.
- Visit the www.payspanhealth.com, and select “Secure Registration”
- Follow the steps to complete the required information
- Review and complete the service agreement
- Check your bank account a few days later for receipt of a small test deposit
- Finish activation of your account on www.payspanhealth.com
If you have questions about registration, phone the PaySpan client support center toll-free at 877-331-7154.
*Most claim payments are eligible for electronic payments; however, some may be made via check.