Help for Dental Providers
Get assistance with registering or accessing account information online.
Get access to the Provider Service Center. Enter the provider’s TIN and then complete the required information. You’ll receive an email with a link to finish the registration process.
If there’s already a Primary Security Administrator (PSA) for the TIN you entered, you can still get access as a Secondary Administrator. Just enter the provider’s TIN and submit. Select “Fill out our online form” and complete the required information. You’ll receive an email with a link to finish the registration process.
- If you forgot your username, you can request it online by entering your email.
- If you forgot your password, you can reset it online. Go to the Provider Services login. Click the "Forgot password" link. You’ll need to enter your username and correctly answer security questions. After that, you can reset your password and log in.
- Log in and access the “Account Settings” section to change your password and other security settings.
You can change your primary administrator in just a few steps.
1. Submit the change request with your name, address, phone number and TIN. To help keep your account secure, it’s important that you include your information with the request. We use that information to verify an authorized person is making the request.
- Email: ProviderOnlyOutbounds@exchange.principal.com
- Fax: 866-592-5970
Principal Plan Dental Network
Attn. Provider Relations
711 High St
Des Moines, IA, 50392-2556
2. After confirming the information was supplied by an authorized person, we'll remove your current primary administrator and send you instructions on how to register a new primary administrator.
For patients insured by Principal Life Insurance Company, refer them to their personal login at principal.com or the benefit verification number, 800-247-4695.
Coordination of Benefits (COB) is used to determine if the Principal dental coverage is primary or secondary.
If the Principal dental coverage is:
- Primary: Principal pays the full amount of benefits available under the policy.
- Secondary: Benefits are determined by the primary plan. The benefit amount Principal pays may be reduced. We use standard coordination of benefits.