Retirement Matters: Save, plan, enjoy
With a little help, figuring out when and how to retire doesn’t need to be overwhelming. You can use the information and resources on this site, no matter where you’re at in the process.
Even better—talk to a financial professional. If you don’t have one, give us a call at 800-547-7754.
Check your current savings level and how much you might have when you retire:
If you’re falling a little short, consider taking steps today to make a difference:
Plan ahead for healthcare costs:
- Watch our Medicare webinar replay
- Read an article (PDF) on budgeting and paying for healthcare
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE or visit Medicare.gov
- Call your state's Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP)
Understand your Social Security options:
- Watch our Social Security webinar replay
- Review common questions and answers (PDF)
- Create a personal account at ssa.gov to view and manage your benefits
Turn savings into income:
- Read an article (PDF) on creating a retirement income plan
- Read a brochure (PDF) on financial risks retirees face
Plan your legacy:
This document is intended to be educational in nature and is not intended to be taken as a recommendation.
Insurance products and plan administrative services are provided by Principal Life Insurance Company, a member of Principal Financial Group®, Des Moines, IA 50392.