M3 Insurance – 2012 Winner, The Principal® 10 Best
M3 Insurance recently expanded their wellness efforts to move beyond physical wellness to financial wellness. “We talk with employees about how they plan for retirement, how they view their investments, and other issues—even if they’re small ones—so people feel well financially. It’s pretty tough for me to engage employees in taking care of themselves when they’re carrying around a lot of stress about their finances,” says Mike Victorson, president & CEO, M3 Insurance.
- 66 - 70 percent employer-paid medical insurance premiums for employees and dependents
- 401(k) plan with a 100 percent employer match up to four percent of pay, plus a discretionary profit sharing match; average employee deferral of 6.7 percent
- 100 percent employer-paid premiums for short- and long-term disability insurance
- 100 percent employer-paid premiums for life insurance
- Extensive wellness program with biometric screenings
M3 Insurance relies on these financial professionals:
- Eric Shrader, M3 Insurance
- Chris Henderson, M3 Financial
M3 Insurance selected Domestic Abuse Intervention Services to receive a $2,500 donation from The Principal Financial Group Foundation, Inc. as part of their Principal 10 Best award.
- Location: Madison, Wisc.
- Type of business: Commercial insurance agency
- Number of employees: 190
- Founded: 1968
- Percent of employees participating in 401(k) plan: 97 percent
- Web site: www.m3ins.com
Why the judges selected them
Corey Rosen, Principal 10 Best Judge and Senior Staff Member, National Center for Employee Ownership (transcript):
About the company
Founded in 1968, M3 Insurance is Wisconsin’s largest privately held commercial insurance agency, providing employee benefits, property and casualty, executive benefits, employer-sponsored retirement plans and personal lines. M3 serves clients across the country from five Wisconsin offices and is consistently ranked in the top one percent of insurance brokers nationwide.