Awards & Recognition
A people-first reputation
Of all the accolades we’ve received at Principal, we’re proudest of being recognized as a top workplace for employees by a variety of publications and associations. Here’s some recent awards:
- Recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers. (May 2018)
- Earned a spot among the top 7 companies with 1,000 or more employees in Pensions & Investments’ annual list of the Best Places to Work in Money Management for 7 consecutive years. (December 2018)
- Named 1 of 100 companies in World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 9th year. (February 2019)
- Recognized by Working Mother as one of the 2018 Working Mother 100 Best Companies. (September 2018)
- Ranked number 1 on Forbes list of Best Employers for Women. (July 2018)
- Included in the top 10 on the list of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. (January 2019)
- Named one of the NAFE Top Companies for Executive Women by the National Association for Female Executives—this is our 18th year on the list. (March 2019)
- Recognized by IDG’s Computerworld as one of its 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 17 consecutive years, ranking 29th for 2018. (June 2018)
- Scored 100 out of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation Corporate Equality Index for support of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer equality in the workplace. (November 2017)
- Named to Fortune Top 50 Best Places to Work for Giving Back. (February 2018 Community Leadership)
- Ranked number 54 on Forbes and JUST Capital’s list of America’s Most JUST Companies. (December 2018)
Principal is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. View employment policies at Principal.
If you live in or are applying for work in NJ, there are state laws protecting you against employment discrimination. View your rights in NJ (PDF).