Partner with us as a Financial Representative or Experienced Sales Professional
A career without limits
You’re smart. You’re driven. So why should you work under someone else’s idea of when (and where) you should work—and how much you can earn?
Your future is in your hands
As a Principal financial representative, you’ll have the freedom to:
Earn as much as you want. Forget about salary caps. There’s no maximum income for Principal financial representatives. And during your training period, we’ll give you a starting salary so you can still earn while you learn.
Take control over your schedule. Plan your days so they work for your career and your personal life.
Do something worthwhile. The rewards aren’t just financial. You’ll also enjoy shared successes with grateful clients you’ll help along the way.
Real support—not just training
We’ll give you the support you need to truly succeed. And we’re not talking about a once-and-done training session. We mean real, day-in/day-out help.
Help from people like:
Our seasoned representatives who enjoy mentoring others
The home office staff whose only goal is helping you and your clients
Our leaders who know that our financial representatives are critical to the success of our company and the people we serve.
- Relationships within your community
- Desire to build your own business
- Desire to help others achieve success
- Strong communication and listening skills
- High school diploma
- A bachelor’s degree with proven achievements—or five years of related full-time work experience (such as sales, sales management, leadership, education or coaching, financial services, or military service) is preferred
- Willingness to obtain insurance and securities licenses
- Current valid driver’s license
Experienced financial professionals:
- A passion for bettering clients’ financial lives
- Minimum of five years of work experience with at least two years of experience with financial products, such as life insurance, disability insurance, annuities, mutual funds, or 401(k) plans
- Life and health insurance licenses
- FINRA securities registration (Series 6 or 7; and Series 63 as required by state)
- A background check that includes satisfactory regulatory, criminal, and financial standing
Take the next step
It doesn’t matter if you’re new to the field or have years of experience. We’ll give you the support you need to truly succeed. And we’re not talking about a once-and-done training session. We mean real, day-in/day-out help.
Principal is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. View employment policies at Principal.
If you live in or are applying for work in NJ, there are state laws protecting you against employment discrimination. View your rights in NJ (PDF).