The Principal Financial Group®(The Principal®) is a premier global investment manager, and among the industry leaders in a long list of products and services.
- #1 provider of Defined Benefit retirement plans1
- #1 provider of Employee Stock Ownership Plans2
- #2 provider of Nonqualified Deferred Compensation plans3
- #3 Greenest CRE Company4
- #4 provider of non-medical insurance coverages5
- #4 manager of target-date lifecycle mutual funds in the U.S.6
- Best Place to Work in Money Management7
- Best Place to Work in Information Technology8
- One of the World's Most Ethical Companies9
- One of America's Best Employers10
With more than $527.4 billion11 in assets under management, The Principal serves 19.1 million11 customers worldwide through a national (U.S.) network of financial professionals and a diverse family of companies with offices in 18 countries.
But the most important thing? We’re a company that is focused on giving you the edge you need to achieve your financial goals.
Larry Zimpleman, Chairman, Des Moines, IA
Join our team.
Careers at The Principal
Find out why you should invest with us.
Visit Investor Relations
See how we give back.
Learn about our Corporate Citizenship
1 PLAN SPONSOR magazine, DB Administration Survey, July 2014
2 PLAN SPONSOR magazine, Recordkeeping Survey, June 2014
3 PLAN SPONSOR NQDC Buyer's Guide, July 2014
4 Commercial Property Executive Published March 2014, “2014 Greenest CRE Companies” list.
5 LIMRA 2013 survey: Non-medical based on fully insured employer contracts in force.
6 Principal Funds ranked as the fourth largest manager of target-date lifecycle funds in the United States by Financial Research Corporation Lifecycle Fund Analytic Report. September 2011. "Active multi-managed target-date choices" describes the underlying assets.
7 Pensions & Investments, 2014
8 Computerworld, 2015
9 Ethisphere Institute, 2015
10 Forbes, 2015
11 As of fourth quarter, 2015