Help with Online Account Access
Learn how to take advantage of easy account management.
Get help with creating and managing your online account to stay on top of your investments and insurance from anywhere.
You can register online. Here's what you can expect:
- Enter your name, date of birth, identification number (which may include Social Security Number, Enterprise ID, Alternate ID or Privacy ID) and zip code
- Answer a few questions to verify your identity, which are administered by a trusted third-party (note: the Principal Financial Group does not have access to the information shown in this step of the process)
- Create your username and password, provide email address
- Once your account information is ready to access online, we will send you an email
- We will also use the email address to send account-related communications
- You can update your email address online any time
- Set a customer service security question and answer (used to verify identity when calling customer service)
- Select your login image and phrase
- Set three online security questions and answers (used to verify identity if you use the forget username or password features online)
- Agree to do business electronically (this lets you view account information online)
- You will then be directed to your account information
Click the "Log In" button at the top of the page, then choose "Personal" as the login type. If you have registered to log in, enter your login information. If this is your first time logging in, select the Register Now link to create your username and password.
- If you forgot your username, you can find out what it is online. You'll provide some personal information that will help us verify your identity. Once we've verified your identity, we'll email you your username.
- If you forgot your password, you can reset it online. Go to the Personal Login page and enter your username. On the next screen, click the Forgot Password link under your login image and phrase. You'll be prompted to answer a security question. Once you've correctly answered a security question, you can reset your password and login.
You can also call us at 800-986-3343 for assistance.
Log in and access your profile to change your password, security questions and answers, login image and phrase, mailing address, or email address.
We sometimes are unable to deliver a message to the email address we have on file for your account. Please take a moment to review some of the reasons that we weren't able to deliver the message.
- If you have mistyped your email address, the message will not reach you.
- If you have exceeded the capacity of your email inbox, we would not be able to deliver a message to you.
- To make sure you continue to receive our emails in your inbox (not sent to bulk or junk folders), please add email addresses from The Principal (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) to your address book or safe sender list.