Design dental coverage that works for your employees and your budget
Personalizing group dental insurance based on your company’s needs is easy with Principal dental insurance. Insurance doesn’t need to be complicated. Here are a few questions to think about when determining the type of coverage that’s right for you and your employees:
Who pays the insurance premium?
You can choose to pay for all, part, or none of the premium with Principal dental insurance. If your budget is tight, employees could pick up the entire cost of premium with voluntary dental insurance.
What dental benefits are you looking for?
We offer Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) designs in all states.
What can be customized in the dental coverage?
You select from a wide range of deductibles, coinsurance, and maximums options. Each selection influences the bottom line. For example, a higher deductible comes with a lower premium but more out-of-pocket cost for employees. Only you can determine what’s right for your company.
Large dental network with a nationwide reach
We have one of the largest dental provider networks in the country for your employees’ benefit.
What is dental insurance?
It’s no secret that medical care without insurance can be costly. Dental care can be similar. Dental insurance helps pay for all—or a portion—of the costs associated with dental care, from routine cleanings to root canals.
Why offer group dental insurance?
Many employees consider group dental insurance an essential part of their benefits package. As one of the most used group benefits, dental insurance can be a worthwhile investment for helping to attract and retain great talent.
Access to dental insurance also helps employees manage their out-of-pocket costs—and being covered makes it more likely they’ll visit the dentist regularly. That routine, preventive care helps employees avoid dental issues down the road.
How does group dental insurance work?
Most dental insurance divides dental care into three service categories: preventive, basic, and major. The service category determines the percentage of the cost insurance covers. For example, insurance may pay 80% of the cost of a service considered basic care, and the patient would pay for the remaining 20% of the cost.
With Principal dental insurance, routine exams and cleanings are considered preventive care and are covered at 100%—that means the patient may not pay anything for those services. Fillings are an example of basic service, and bridges are an example of major care. For basic and major care, insurance covers a percentage of the cost, and the patient is responsible for the remaining cost.
Key features of Principal dental insurance
From comprehensive dental insurance to lower-cost options, you have the flexibility to personalize your dental insurance for you and your employees. And with multiple price points, it’s easy to create a design to fit a wide range of budgets.
Principal dental insurance offers:
- Deductibles waived when satisfied with prior carrier
- Refreshed annual maximum when a group becomes effective
- Mobile app for easy access to benefits, providers and ID cards
Support for employees’ emotional health.
Employees and their dependents can call a free, confidential emotional health support line
Build upon your benefits package.
Talk to your financial professional about offering group dental insurance. And, consider combining group dental insurance with group vision insurance to offer a more comprehensive benefits package.