Trends in nonqualified deferred compensation plans
For the 11th year, the annual nonqualified deferred comp plan research results are in. The stats and trends provide you with business insights through the lens of both the plan sponsor and the participant.
The key findings from this year’s study prove continued value and need for deferred comp plans.
What employers had to say
- Competitive benefits are key
- Making plan changes are less important
- The role of the financial professional is still valued
- Attitudes toward the plan are positive
What key employees told us
- Participants value the plan
- Retirement is still a top priority
- The income bridge strategy is a popular approach in retirement
- Employer match and affordability impact participation
- They're more confident in their retirement savings
More insights and trends
Get a full view of this year's research findings, trends, stats, and more. The report will help you benchmark against your peers and gain valuable insights that could impact your business decisions.
Between June 25 and July 23, 2018, Principal conducted an online survey with employers having existing nonqualified defined contribution plans and key employees who were currently deferring into a nonqualified plan with Principal. A total of 271 completed surveys were received from employers and 1,324 from key employees.
This is not a paid advertisement. The plan participant participated in a nonqualified deferred compensation plan through his/her employer with plan administrative services provided by Principal®. The plan participant is not affiliated with any company of the Principal Financial Group and the views and opinions expressed are his/her own.
Insurance products issued by Principal National Life Insurance Co (except in NY) and Principal Life Insurance Co. Plan administrative services offered by Principal Life. Principal National and Principal Life are members of the Principal Financial Group®, Des Moines, IA 50392.